Revised emergency quota request format and mandatory instructions for releasing berths/seats on the train
File No.SCR-COMLOGRES(RR8R)/11/2020-0/o SCM/Resv/PCCM/SCR
Senior Commercial Manager’s Office
South Central Railway, Ministry of Railways, Government of India, Rail Nilayam, Secunderabad-
PCMD, PCSC, PCME, PCOM, PCSO, SDGM, PFA, PCPO, PCE, PCMM, PCSTE, PCEE, MRA
CAO/Const, FA&CAO/Const, CEE/Const, CSTE/Const
Principal Audit Manager, CRS/SC
Managing Director/IRISET, Managing Director/IRIFM, Managing Director/CITARA
DRM/SC, BZA, GTL, HYB, GNT, NED
CWM/WS/LGD, CWM/S&T/MWS/MFT, CWM/WS/RYP, CWM/WS/TPTY
Sr. DME/DSL/MLY, Sr. DME/DSL/KZJ, Sr. DME/DSL/BZA, Sr. DME/DSL/GTL, Sr. DME/DSL/GY
Sr.DEE/ELS/LGD, Sr.DEE/ELS/KZJ, Sr.DEE/ELS/BZA
Agent/ZRTI/MLY, Agent/STC/LGD, Agent/ETTC/BZA
President/RRB/SC, Addl Registrar/RCT, RGM/RCIL, GGM/IRCTC, GM/RVNL, GM/CRIS, GM/Railtel, C&MD/Concor, Manager/Civil/IRCON, CPM/East/RVNL, CPD/Railway Electrification organization, GM/Proj./RITES, PCSTE/Projects
GS/SCRMU, SCRES, Association OBC & ZP/AISCTREA
Sub: Revised Emergency Quota Application Format and Mandatory Instructions – Reg
This office frequently receives EQ requests without mandatory details. Additionally, few QE requests were received with officers’ power of attorney signatures, even with stamps of respective designations affixed. The following mandatory instructions are recalled for strict compliance, in order to avoid any misuse by unscrupulous elements on behalf of the agents.
1. Telephone inquiries by SMS/Whatsapp are not acceptable. The written request for release of emergency berths/over-quota seats must be signed by a Officer registered in the Official Journal except when the officer/staff concerned or their immediate family members are travelling. The agent who signs the QE request for ensure identity documents party trip.
2. The EQ request must contain the name, designation and telephone/mobile number of the recommending authority and the name, address and telephone/mobile number of one of the passengers.
3. Each Officer/Branch/Federation shall maintain a register containing details of emergency quota requests, in which all such requests should be recorded indicating full travel details and also the source from which the request was received. The Dairy number of the request recorded in the register is also indicated on the request for the emergency quota.
4. Railway officers working in the PSUs/Institutions Associated with Delegated Railways may also specifically mention their official railway status to give due weight in the award. Personnel of these UAPs when on duty must present a copy of ID cards as they are not reserved on duty passes.
5. Recognized unions must share details of signing officers at this office.
6. Some foreigners tend to send inquiries via Whatsapp/Mail to agents. They can be informed of the FAX service for the headquarters area, which is available 24 hours a day (040-27788585)
The other general instructions for submitting the EQ and the revised format for submitting emergency quota applications are attached. From now onEQ requests must be submitted in the attached format/ contain all the information and details mentioned in the format. It is requested that the above be disseminated to all concerned.
This has PCCM approval.
Attachment: Format (word/PDF)
Digitally signed by Ramesh Babu
Date: 01-09-2022 12:52:03
MILK No. ………
SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAY
REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY QUOTA
(RECOMMENDED BY RAILWAY OFFICIAL)
|Train number and name|
|Date of travel|
|Number of berths/seats|
|Mobile number of the passenger(s)|
|I hereby take full responsibility for the credentials of passengers for whom I recommend berth allocation|
Signature & Stamp
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING EQ APPLICATIONS
- The written request for release of emergency berths/over-quota seats must be signed by a Officer registered in the Official Journal and above, except when the officer/staff concerned or their immediate family members are travelling. Since Railway Officers work in PAUs/Railway Associated Institutions on a delegation basis, these officers may also specifically mention their official Railway status to give due importance while awarding.
- It would be the responsibility of the person signing the application to ensure the powers of the party travel and assumes full responsibility.
- In no agent should give the signed blank application forms to its personal staff for the release of emergency over-quota berths. It can be assured that the signatures on the requisition slips are also NOT made in Black ink.
- It can be guaranteed that all booking request slips contain the name, designation and telephone/mobile number of the recommending authority and the name, address and telephone/mobile number of one of passengers. The relationship or reference of the passenger(s) to the recommending agent should also be mentioned. This information is obligatoryapart from the details of the trip.
- Agents should not tend to send requests directly to EQ Release Agents/QE Cells.
- Telephone inquiries by SMS/WhatsApp should not be entertained. Only written/FAX requests will be accepted.
- In case of travel of themselves/family members of officers/staff on Duty Pass/Privilege Pass/PTO etc, specific mention can be made on the requisition slip, so that preference can be given when allocating berths/seats.
- In case of service passes, the designation of officers/staff must be specifically mentioned, in order to allocate the couchettes in the classes according to their status, in case the accommodation is allocated in alternative trains/classes.
- In the event of travel by themselves/family members of officers/staff other than on the Pass/PTO, specific reference can be made on the requisition slip and copy of identity card of the relevant officer/staff must also be attached to the application, duly covering passenger travel details, so that preference can be given when allocating berths/seats.
- Each Officer/Branch/Federation should maintain a log containing details of emergency quota requests, in which all such requests should be recorded indicating full travel details as well as the source from which the request was received. The Dairy Number of the Registered Application must also be indicated on the Emergency Quota Application.
- Individual PAUs/organizations associated with railways may also appoint signing officers and communicate with this office, since designations in PAUs are normally with the suffix of managers, making it difficult to differentiate the identity/status of these signatories. Personnel of these UAPs when on duty must present a copy of ID cards as they are not reserved on duty passes
- Recognized syndicates must share details of authorized signatories and comply with other instructions mentioned herein.
- Few requests are received, vaguely mentioning as a request from the Commission of Railways, etc. to allow verification of authenticity.
- Equalization requests must be sent by physical copy or FAX only. Outside persons intending to send inquiries via Whatsapp/Mail to agents can be advised of the FAX facility for the HQ area, which is available 24 hours a day via P&T No. 040-27788585 (path iron no. 88585).
- These instructions should also be followed by the control offices of the relevant departments at headquarters and divisions, through which some agents send requests on holidays/weekends.
- Sending digitally signed EQ requests will be highly appreciated
- The deadlines for submitting QE requests to Hqrs should also be noted.
- For trains leaving between 12:01 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. – Before 3:00 p.m. the previous day
- For trains leaving after 4:00 p.m. & until 11:59 p.m. – Before 11:00 a.m. on the day of travel
Click here to view/download PDF