NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jul 20, 2022–
Today, Macy’s announced that, as part of its Polaris strategy, the company will open four new small-format, non-mall stores this fall. Locations will include Market by Macy’s, a smaller store that gives customers more love with its curated assortment of the latest fashion trends, as well as the first-ever Market by Macy’s off-price location and Macy’s Backstage.
This press release is multimedia. See the full version here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220720005342/en/
Macy’s is accelerating the growth of its non-mall and small format strategy. (Photo: BusinessWire)
“At Macy’s, we strive to make retail a dynamic business that requires continuous analysis, reinvention and innovation. As customer preferences and shopping behaviors change, we continue to evolve to deliver the experience our customers expect,” said Marc Mastronardi, director of stores at Macy’s. “As exciting brand extensions, Market by Macy’s and Macy’s Backstage each offer unique shopping experiences – one celebrates discovery and convenience, while the other appeals to the shopper who loves the thrill of the hunt for great value.”
Throughout fall 2022, the following locations will open in malls.
- Market by Macy’s will open in downtown Johns Creek on August 20 at 3630 Peachtree Pkwy., Suwanee, GA. The store marks the third location in the Atlanta metro area, following Market by Macy’s 2021 openings at Presidential Markets and Southpoint.
- Market by Macy’s will debut in the St. Louis area on THF Blvd. at Chesterfield Commons with an immersive shopping space focused on discovery and convenience.
- The first dual Market by Macy’s and Macy’s Backstage store will open this fall in Chicagoland at 9700 South Western Ave., Evergreen Park, IL. Customers can shop at both stores under one roof, with Market by Macy’s located on the first floor and Backstage on the second floor.
As a key pillar of Polaris, the company is focused on repositioning its physical store footprint to better serve its customers and effectively support sales growth in the omnichannel market. Non-mall, small formats play multiple roles in the company’s Polaris strategy by expanding its presence in a current market, maintaining its market presence by replacing underperforming locations, or entering new markets where Macy’s n is not present.
As part of Macy’s ongoing evaluation of its store portfolio, Macy’s has decided to close the Macy’s Chesterfield store and replace it with the new Market by Macy’s near Chesterfield Commons.
“We are excited to continue serving the St. Louis area and look forward to welcoming our customers to Market by Macy’s,” Mastronardi continued. “This announcement marks both our first replacement location and, separately, our first non-mall dual location.”
Macy’s Non-Mall Extension
Macy’s non-mall expansion demonstrates Macy’s commitment to continue to evolve and innovate in the retail industry.
- Since 2015, Macy’s Backstage has expanded to more than 300 Macy’s stores nationwide, including nine freestanding locations. Backstage’s newest standalone location, Grapevine Mills, opened in the spring of 2022 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- In 2020, the first Market by Macy’s debuted in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in Southlake.
- In calendar year 2021, four new stores were introduced to the public; Presidential Markets and South Point in the Atlanta metro area, and WestBend and Highlands at Flower Mound in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- By the end of 2022, Macy’s plans to expand Market by Macy’s to eight total locations.
Macy’s strives to optimize a seamless customer experience across all touchpoints. Like full-line Macy’s stores, Market by Macy’s and Macy’s Backstage customers can pay their bill or pick up orders at the “At Your Service” counter inside the store, a dedicated location for pickups and drop-offs. Macy’s store returns. Shoppers can earn and redeem Star Rewards and use their Macy’s credit card in both places, creating a seamless experience. Customers without a Macy’s Card can enroll in the free Bronze Rewards program in-store or online at macys.com/starrewards and earn on every purchase.
In anticipation of this year’s expansion, Market by Macy’s and Macy’s Backstage will hire a range of positions to enhance the shopping experience for customers. As an employer of choice, Macy’s is committed to all of its co-workers and their well-being. Macy’s offers exciting career opportunities, competitive pay, a bilingual work environment, merchandise discounts, flexible hours, and access to a new debt-free education program for part-time and full-time co-workers . New jobs will be posted on macysinc.com/careers as they become available.
For a list of Market by Macy’s stores and hours of operation, visit macys.com/marketbymacys. Images and b-roll footage can be found here. For a list of Macy’s Backstage stores and hours of operation, visit macysbackstage.com. Images and b-roll footage can be found here.
Macy’s, the largest retail brand of Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE: M), is the source of style for generations of customers. With one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the country powered by macys.com and a mobile app, coupled with a nationwide network of stores, Macy’s offers the most convenient and seamless shopping experience, delivering great values in apparel, home, beauty, accessories and more. Macy’s is giving customers even more ways to shop and own their style with a discounted assortment at Macy’s Backstage and our highly curated, smaller store format, Market by Macy’s. Each year, Macy’s provides millions of people with unforgettable experiences through the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks® and Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade® and helps our customers celebrate special moments big and small. We are guided by our purpose: to create a better future with bold representation that gives more voice, choice and ownership to our colleagues, customers and communities.
Show source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220720005342/en/
CONTACT: Jacqueline King / Stephanie Jimenez, Macy’s External Communications–[email protected]
Mike McGuire, Macy’s Investor Relations–[email protected]
KEYWORD: NEW YORK OHIO UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
SECTOR KEYWORD: FASHION LUXURY COSMETICS RETAIL DEPARTMENT STORES
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUB: 07/20/2022 11:00 a.m. / DISC: 07/20/2022 11:02 a.m.