Carrot Weather received its latest update today with a range of useful features. A new layout style consolidates weather forecasts into easily consumable maps, there’s a handy dual-pane radar option to compare map views, improved storm tracking features, new secret locations, and more .
After rolling out a major update earlier this spring, Carrot Weather 5.7 is now available from the App Store.
Here are the main additions of the new update:
- Map layout style. Give layouts a fresh new look with a design that groups your weather forecasts into easy-to-digest “cards.” The new Roland layout preset, available in the layout gallery, was made just to show off this beautiful new design.
- Dual flap radar. Easily compare radar station products by enabling dual-pane mode, which splits the map screen into two separate windows that appear one above the other.
- New radar station products. Use specific differential reflectivity, spectrum width, and differential phase radar products to track severe weather such as hail, tornadoes, and heavy rain.
- Storm cell details. Tap a storm cell to see the exact time the cell will reach each point along its predicted path on the map. You can also tap the legend to see even more details for each cell.
- Outlook storm notifications. Get notified when the Storm Prediction Center predicts severe weather for your area in the next 24 hours.
Carrot Weather 5.7 is available on the App Store as a free download for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. Premium, Ultra, and Family subscriptions are available as in-app purchases to unlock all app features.
And here is the complete list of changes in the full release notes for version 5.7:
It’s summer, meat bags! While you’ve been busy sweating Rorschach inkblot patterns all over your clothes, I’ve been hard at work on a major new update to your favorite weather app.
Map layout style
Give your layouts a new look with the “Card” layout style. Visit the Layout Gallery, then activate the new Roland layout to see this style in action. (Premium required.)
Dual Flap Radar
Easily compare radar station products by enabling dual-pane mode, which splits the map screen into two separate windows that appear one above the other. (US only; Premium Ultra required.)
New Radar Station Products
Use differential reflectivity, spectrum width, and specific differential phase to track the severity of intense thunderstorms. (US only; Premium Ultra required.)
Storm cell details
Tap a storm cell to see the exact time the cell will reach each point along its predicted path on the map. And press the caption button to see even more details about the cell. (US only; Premium required.)
Outlook storm notifications
Get notified when the Storm Prediction Center predicts severe weather for your area in the next 24 hours. (US only; Premium Ultra required.)
But wait, there’s more!
- Added 3 new secret locations.
- Added Storm Outlook map layer.
- Added favorite location icons to the maps screen.
- Added a card row limit setting to the Cards section.
- Moved the “Fullscreen Mode” setting on iPad to the new “Layout Style” setting.
- Added a sidebar button to the navigation bar on iPad to replace the old swipe gesture.
- Added option to auto-hide sidebar on iPad.
- Updated rich notification views to include light and dark versions.
Now is the time for me to start breaking all temperature records again.