The popular CARROT Weather app has been updated with several new features, including a new map layout style, dual pane radar, storm cell details, and more.
CARROT Weather is an incredibly powerful (and privacy-conscious) weather app that provides hilarious and twisted forecasts.
What’s new in this version :
It’s summer, meat bags! While you’ve been busy sweating Rorschach inkblot patterns all over your clothes, I’ve been hard at work on a major new update to your favorite weather app.
Map layout style
Give your layouts a new look with the “Card” layout style. Visit the Layout Gallery, then activate the new Roland layout to see this style in action. (Premium required.)
Dual Flap Radar
Easily compare radar station products by enabling dual-pane mode, which splits the map screen into two separate windows that appear one above the other. (US only; Premium Ultra required.)
New Radar Station Products
Use differential reflectivity, spectrum width, and specific differential phase to track the severity of intense thunderstorms. (US only; Premium Ultra required.)
Storm cell details
Tap a storm cell to see the exact time the cell will reach each point along its predicted path on the map. And press the caption button to see even more details about the cell. (US only; Premium required.)
Outlook storm notifications
Get notified when the Storm Prediction Center predicts severe weather for your area in the next 24 hours. (US only; Premium Ultra required.)
But wait, there’s more!
– Added 3 new secret locations.
– Added Storm Outlook map layer.
– Added favorite location icons to the maps screen.
– Added card row limit setting to Cards section.
– Moved the “Fullscreen Mode” setting on iPad to the new “Layout Style” setting.
– Added a sidebar button to the navigation bar on iPad to replace the old swipe gesture.
– Added option to auto-hide sidebar on iPad.
– Updated rich notification views to include light and dark versions.
You can download CAROTT Weather for free from the App Store.