Card Factory today announced the opening of its second new “Model Store” format as part of a major store format upgrade. Bury’s revamped store has been designed to dramatically improve the shopping experience.
As part of Card Factory’s “Opening Our New Future” strategy, the model store format makes better use of store space, improves customer flow and store navigation, while improving operational efficiency. The Bury store is also one of two model stores piloting digital screens to increase in-store shopper engagement.
The main features of the Template Store include:
- Improved store layout – all cards have been moved to the perimeter of the store in new racks, allowing complementary gift categories to be traded in the middle of the nearby floor and allowing greater flexibility of range while allowing ranges to be displayed together as needed (e.g. season or event related such as wedding cards with wedding gifts); mid-floor breaks provide better store circulation for customers
- Improved store signage – clear signage of categories and ranges will help customers navigate the store
- Improved customer experience – locating the counter further back in the store along with the use of low light fixtures and new navigation and zoning panels create clear lines of sight, ensuring the customer’s shopping experience customer is significantly improved
- Digital Screen Pilot – three screens per store containing a diverse range of content that will change throughout the day, from product messaging and promotions to brand-led messaging such as event reminders and charity work from Card Factory with organizations such as MacMillan Cancer Support
- Customer feedback on the new format and store layout has been positive. Customers appreciate the clear signage and navigation, and especially appreciate the bold, easy-to-find offerings. Combined with the analysis of customer behavior data, this will be used to inform the roll-out of the new format and store renovation program across the store base.
Implementation of the “Unlocking Our New Future” growth strategy is now underway, with the model store being one of the first milestones achieved. Launched by Card Factory CEO Darcy Willson-Rymer, who joined the company in March last year, the implementation of the strategy will allow the company to take advantage of the many growth opportunities that arise. offer to it, with the business expected to generate revenues in excess of £600m in FY26. This will be achieved by providing more convenience, more choice and an exceptional experience, while continuing to deliver high quality and value. With the implementation of the strategy, Card Factory will be transformed into the premier omnichannel brand in its space, helping customers celebrate every special occasion, however they choose to shop.
Darcy Willson-Rymer said, “The customer is at the heart of Card Factory’s Opening Our New Future strategy and through the rollout of the model store format, we are meeting the needs of our customers by dramatically improving their in-store experience.
“Most importantly, the new format stores allow us to showcase our ever-expanding ranges of complementary categories where we are already the leader in balloons and party. By providing greater choice to our customers, we can build on our historic leadership in cards to capture a larger addressable market and achieve our vision of becoming the number one destination for all shoppers looking to celebrate the moments. specials of life.