American Express and Delta have announced a new card design for Delta Reserve and Delta Reserve Business credit cardholders. The promotional design is partially made with metal from a retired Boeing 747 Delta.
The card issuer also announced a limited-time welcome bonus offer on most of its personal and business Delta credit cards.
Key points to remember
- Delta and American Express have announced a groundbreaking card design featuring the metal of a retired Boeing 747.
- The new card design is available to Delta Reserve and Delta Reserve Business cardholders while supplies last.
- American Express has also launched limited-time offers on most of its Delta credit cards, offering up to 110,000 bonus miles with welcome offers.
Delta premium credit cardholders enjoy a slice of heaven
Delta Ship Number 6307 has a storied past that includes transporting military service members, assisting in the evacuation of Florida residents before Hurricane Irma, and uniting orphans with new families.
Additionally, the aircraft has flown 68 million miles in 116,000 flight hours as a commercial airliner in its 27 years.
Now Delta Reserve and Reserve Business cardholders can carry a piece of the Boeing 747 in their wallet. American Express announced that from June 16 through August 3, Delta premium credit cardholders can request the new metal card design, 25% of which is from the retired plane.
Additionally, the limited-edition card will include some details about the aircraft, including its inaugural and final flights, miles flown and more. Note that the design is only available while supplies last, so submit a request as soon as possible.
American Express celebrates new card design with increased welcome offers
If you don’t have a Delta Credit Card, now might be the time to apply for one. Along with announcing the new card design, American Express is also offering increased welcome offers through August 3. Here’s what you can get for each card:
- American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold Card: Earn 70,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Card: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card: Earn 100,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card: Earn 100,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card: Earn 110,000 bonus miles after spending $6,000 on purchases in the first three months.
If you are considering taking advantage of any of these offers, take the time to compare each Delta credit card, as well as other travel cards, to determine which will provide you with the most value, both on departure and long-term.