ALDI, one of the nation’s most trusted grocers (according to the 2022 BrandSpark® American Trust Study), will welcome shoppers to its remodeled Gary store when it reopens Thursday, May 26 at 9 a.m. The store, at 3311 Grant Street, is part of an ongoing initiative to remodel and expand existing ALDI stores. Shoppers can also enter a raffle for a chance to win a $500 ALDI gift card.
Additionally, ALDI is on track to open 150 new stores and become the third-largest US food retailer by number of stores by the end of this year. As soon as it reopens, the Gary store will be open every day from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Shoppers can also enter a raffle for a chance to win a $500 ALDI gift card.
The updated store features an improved layout and ample refrigeration to accommodate an expanded selection of fresh, convenient foods. It also has open ceilings and natural lighting, and it is built with eco-friendly materials. Like all ALDI stores, Gary’s revamped location still offers a streamlined shopping experience and low prices in every aisle, but customers will notice the elevated design.
“We’ve invested in renovating our stores to ensure they’re designed to make grocery shopping smarter, faster and easier,” said Laura Bauer, Greenwood Regional Vice President for ALDI. “With the updated Gary Store, shoppers will notice a new look with fresher, more convenient items at low, reliable prices that ALDI fans rave about.”
Here are some things that set ALDI apart:
- Small price leader: Access to affordable groceries is important and the company’s commitment to low prices is unwavering. In fact, the Dunnhumby Retailer Preference Index report has ranked ALDI #1 in price for five consecutive years.
- Quality: ALDI is so confident in its products, such as its fresh and organic produce delivered daily, that every item is backed by its Twice as Nice Guarantee. If for any reason a customer is not 100% satisfied with the quality of a product, ALDI will gladly replace the product AND provide a refund.
- ALDI exclusive products: ALDI mainly sells exclusive brands made by the best partners. Gary’s shoppers will find food for all tastes and lifestyles (gluten-free, plant-based, dairy alternatives, etc.) as well as an unbeatable selection of cheeses and wines. Shoppers will also discover weekly offers of limited-time ALDI finds like candles, delicious seasonal foods, homewares and more.
- Buyers participate in the savings: Savings start before customers enter the store. Dropping a quarter to unlock a basket is one way ALDI is saving money. ALDI doesn’t need to hire employees to collect bulk carts, and customers get their shift back when they return the cart. ALDI also asks shoppers to bring reusable bags and has never offered single-use plastic bags – a sustainable policy that saves customers money.
- Online Shopping and Curbside Pickup: Customers want convenient shopping options, which is why almost all ALDI stores offer grocery delivery, and Curbside Grocery Pickup is expanding to 1,500 stores by the end of 2022. Visit shop.aldi. us to place an order.
- Store size: ALDI stores are designed for simplicity and efficiency, brimming with the products shoppers love. A typical ALDI store is about 12,000 square feet, which makes shopping easier than oversized grocery stores.
- Working with ALDI: ALDI is an award-winning employer recognized nationally for prioritizing its employees and their well-being. Known for offering highly competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits, ALDI has been recognized as one of America’s Top Large Employers by Forbes six times in the past seven years. As one of the fastest growing retailers in the United States, ALDI is constantly creating new jobs in local communities, coast to coast. To learn more about working at ALDI and to search for job openings, visit careers.aldi.us.
ALDI is one of America’s fastest growing retailers, serving millions of customers across the country every month. With 2,200 stores in 38 states, ALDI is on track to become the third-largest grocery retailer by number of stores by the end of 2022. In terms of value, ALDI won’t be beaten on price. ALDI has also been No. 1 for price according to the Dunnhumby Retailer Preference Index Report for five consecutive years. Since 1976, ALDI has provided a unique shopping experience where customers never have to compromise on quality, selection or value. In fact, 1 out of 3 ALDI branded products is awarded.
Customers can save time and money by easily shopping in-store or online at shop.aldi.us. ALDI is also proud to be a leadership partner of Feeding America, donating 30 million pounds of food each year for the purpose of ending hunger in America. For more information about ALDI, visit aldi.us.